Breaking

Two-year-old girl electrocuted in Lagos

A two-year-old girl (identity undisclosed) has been electrocuted after touching an exposed wire connected to her neighbour’s house in the Langbasa area of Lagos State.

gathered that the tragedy occurred on January 2, at about 11:30 am.

Speaking with our correspondent on Monday, the deceased’s father, Mudashiru, said his daughter was electrocuted after coming into contact with a wire that was linked to his neighbour’s gate.

“It is indeed a sad incident that my daughter passed on suddenly. My daughter was electrocuted because she touched a wire connected to my neighbour’s gate. The name of my neighbour is Michael.  Her death is such a painful one that I do not wish for my enemy because she was the greatest part of my life,” he said.

He added that she was rushed to a nearby hospital where she was confirmed dead by the doctor on duty and that her body has been deposited in the mortuary.

“She was rushed to a hospital in Addo Road but she was confirmed dead by the medical doctor on duty. Her body has been deposited in the mortuary. I wish my daughter peace because I will miss her.”

A neighbour of the deceased’s family who refused to disclose his identity claimed that although the residents were usually advised to cover all exposed wires in their homes, the young child was unaware of the wire.

“She was just a small girl who probably did not know that what she touched was a naked wire. People here have been warned to always cover any wire they have in their houses especially when they have small children living there.

“This small girl would not have died if the proper thing was done. I can only console her parents because the deed has been done but what I will advise people on the street is that they should cover the exposed wires they know are connected to electricity so that such occurrence does not repeat itself.”

When contacted, the state command Public Relations Officer, Benjamin Hundeyin, stated that the situation had been reported and that updates would be shared.

“The situation has been reported and the investigation is ongoing. New developments about the issue will be communicated.

reports that a yet-to-be-identified mother in the Mushin area of Lagos State is currently battling for her life after losing two of her children to electrocution on Thursday.

According to sources in the area, the children, a girl aged 10 and a boy aged seven, were electrocuted when they attempted to turn on the television after returning from school.

gathered from the sources in the area that the parents, who were speculated to have been away or inside the room when the incident occurred, on learning the fate of their children, were thrown into despair with the mother fainting and currently battling for her life at the hospital.

The post Two-year-old girl electrocuted in Lagos first appeared on Nigeria Newspapers Online.